So you want a quick sale post winter but have not done anything to prepare for it?
Here are few things you can do within a month to get your property sold.
Week 1: Find a Great Agent.
Your choice of real estate agent can make tens of thousands dollars difference to your sale. When you’re trying to sell your home quickly, it’s important to consider these questions when finding the right agent:
- Do they have strong local networks?
- Do they have a strong buyer network?
- Have they got a positive sales record?
- Are they organised, remember appointments and follow up?
- Are they an strong communicator?
- Do they respond to your questions quickly and confidently?
Chat to some agents to gauge a response to these questions. You will gather a good sense of their authenticity and willingness to provide a great service very quickly.
Week 2: Do a faux “renovation.”
Little tweaks and maintenance jobs can make a big difference in the overall feel of a home. Is the kitchen a little outdated? Replacing the fixtures, tap fittings and hinges can refresh a space in an instant. Is the family room furniture beaten up? Throw some slipcovers over it.
Whatever you choose, make sure that each room has a purpose. That spare room you’ve been using as an office / guest room /dumping ground won’t help sell your home unless you show buyers how they can use it themselves. So pick a use (office, guest room, crafts room) and clearly stage the space to showcase that purpose.
Week 3: Hit the garden – hard!
Post winter, your garden will no doubt look a little sad. It is time for you to freshen up the outside of your home as this will make a huge difference to your sale.
Mow the lawns, weed the garden and cut back any overgrown plants. Plant some mature plants in areas that need sprucing and ensure that any damage caused by pets is repaired.
Week 4: Prepare yourself for inspections
You’ll need to be very organised for your inspections. A good agent will help you choose the best time of day to host them, and provide guidance on staging your home to make a good first impression.
Consider these ideas for your inspection day:
- Open up the house and let the fresh air in
- Clean your house from top to bottom.
- Clear all bench tops, removing any items that aren’t in use
- Give every room a purpose – even odd shaped nooks
- Place fresh flowers on the kitchen bench and coffee table
- Put anything not in use that clogs the space in storage
While there is no guarantee on selling a house within a period, it is entirely possible to sell in a short period if you are organised and ready to work hard within that timeframe.
To kick start your sale, contact me and we can get your home ready for market.