Spring has almost sprung, with blossom starting to appear on our trees and the first of the bright wattle beaming in the winter sunshine.
However, while it’s still chilly outside, the depths of a Kyneton winter can offer homeowners with the opportunity to dust off the cobwebs and prepare their house for a spring sale.
Home truly is where the heart is and winter can really work wonders when you are settling into your nest. For those looking to sell during the popular spring season, this is the perfect time to review your property through the eyes of a potential buyer.
Spending time on your property now will help you reap the rewards during a spring sale, and avoid the last-minute rush to completion.
As an agent, I walk into many homes each week with buyers in mind. Through my fresh set of eyes, I am on the lookout for smart use of space. This can be created by a good de-cluttering, clean windows, a tidy outdoor space, fresh furnishings and even a coat of new paint.
As a homeowner looking to sell, you are essentially creating a dream space for a potential buyer as a buyer will walk into a property looking for something they can see themselves living in.
Are you looking to sell this spring? Here are my top tips for a winter clean-up:
- Clean and declutter your space by clearing out all the items you don’t regularly use.
- Walk around your garden and use this time to tick off your list for home improvements.
- Prepare your garden beds now ready for spring planting.
- Add some of that glorious Kyneton winter sunshine sparkle to your home and give your windows a wash, and launder your curtains and furnishings.
- Polish and clean your appliances, work from the ground up and clean your skirting boards.
- Show your love for your home by taking care of its beautiful personality and presence. It is this love that will shine to a potential buyer.